1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Iowa SE

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by Tom Petty, Jan 13, 2007.

1. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

Company: Globe Gazette
    Position: Sport Editor
    Job Status: Full-time
    Salary: Negotiable
    Ad Expires: February 16, 2007
    Job ID: 542356

Description:
    Sports Editor The Globe Gazette, an 18,000 daily, 23,000 Sunday newspaper in North Iowa, is seeking a sports editor. We're a short two hours from Des Moines and the Twin Cities to the north. We are looking for an experienced sports journalist who will give our readers the best mix of local, regional and national coverage, both in print and online. The sports editor supervises two other full-time and four part-time sports reporters; and writes, edits and paginates stories. We offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits including a generous 401(k) plan, profit sharing, vacation, etc. Please send us a letter that includes your vision of what an ideal sports section should be, as well as references, salary requirements, and your resume.

Apply by going to http://www.apply-to.com/job2632577 or by going to www.globegazette.com and clicking on Jobs at the Globe Gazette. Pre-employment Drug Screening Required Equal Opportunity Employer.

didn't see it on the thread; thought i'd add it ... i did enjoy the two "short" hours line, though.

2. Sconnie

Sconnie Member

Two hours in Iowa (or anywhere in the Midwest) isn't that bad. Come to think of it, pretty much everything in the midwest is two hours from everything else.

3. thegrifter

thegrifter Member

what's the pay on something like this, considering the ammount of work they want?

4. WSKY

WSKY Member

No enough!

5. Pops

Pops Member

Your weight in semicolons.

Seriously, I would guess low-30s. With a staff that size, I'd be shocked if it were more.

6. JB20

JB20 Member

I bet you could get them close to 40K. Lee pays fairly well for management.

7. BigRed

BigRed Active Member

Depends on what time of year it is......... I sure wouldn't test I-35 a lot of winter days up there.

8. donnie23

donnie23 Member

What you'll most be testing in Mason City is your patience ... not that you're expecting New York City or anything, but you shan't be finding much for entertainment.

9. Rusty Shackleford

Rusty Shackleford Active Member

Well, guess we know where this comes from after looking at the Des Moines job thread... At least you know you can move up from here.

10. I say we got trouble. Right here in River City.

Draft saved Draft deleted