1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Iowa primary predictions

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Bristol Insider, Dec 11, 2007.

1. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

He apologized for it - but why raise the "Jesus is the brother of Lucifer" point in the first place?

2. rallen13

rallen13 Member

Obama may win in Iowa, but over the long haul Hillary just has too much money, organization and moxie. Obama would be a better choice in 2012 (unless Hillary is running for re-election), or really in 2016. He's young enough and the experience over the next eight years will make him formidable.

3. Yawn

Yawn New Member

Truly, I would respect the Democratic Party if Obama and Biden paired off...there might be Republican pairs that I would think twice before voting for them over this pair. Biden would have been an old style Democrat.

4. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Obama has nearly the same money as Hillary, FWIW.

And if he wins Iowa, a better organization.

5. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

6. trifectarich

trifectarich Well-Known Member

48 hours after Iowa, (thank God) we'll be down to half a dozen and half of them will feel like they're in the middle of a frozen lake and the ice is cracking.

7. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

It's hands down a better organization, Zeke. Everywhere you go in Des Moines, it's Obama-palooza, followed by Mitt, Huck, and Richardson and Edwards. Where ever there is an event or something in town that folks will go to, the Obama-ites will be there with bells on. They don't miss an opportunity to campaign for their guy.

I still think that Iowans might go with the safe choices (HRC and Mitt) or do what they really want to side with (Obama and Huck).

Tridectarich, it's above freezing today. 33 degrees!

8. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

ZING!

9. D-3 Fan

Oh, snap!  That was good, even for the Register's standards.

10. Huckabee doesn't believe in evolution, believes in enacting a National Sales Tax, believes we should quarantinne AIDS patients, loves the war, has put together a send-them-home immigration plan, has raised the specter of sectarian religious strife in the Iowa caucuses (!), and once let a crazy-ass rapist out of jail at the behest of anti-Clinton lunatics like Steve Dunleavy.
    Yeah, he's too liberal for the GOP.

11. JBHawkEye

JBHawkEye Well-Known Member

It's going to be Obama. More and more lawn signs are popping up everywhere I go.

12. D-3 Fan

Take your complaint to Rehka Basu. She's the uber-liberal who penned that beauty for the Register. The both of you might see eye-to-eye on a few things. ;)

BTW, someone please tell Carolyn Washburn to stay away from doing any public appearances again. My gosh, she's garbage. They couldn't get John Bachman away from WHO-TV to be the moderator? Typical Gannett monkey work.

Draft saved Draft deleted