1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Iowa Caucus Running Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Fenian_Bastard, Jan 3, 2008.

1. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Fenian,

You do realize that McCain told Iowa to go fuck itself eight years ago when he said he'd shoot down any pork barrell ethanol subsidies? The guy got booed at times. I mean, he put a javelin through the heart of a sacred cow. He hates Iowa.

At least he's not banging around Florida like some lurking video game boss like Rudy.

I'm surprised he got 13%

2. Sleeper

Sleeper Member

If ever there was a time for a roundhouse kick...

Freaking Huckabee. Thanks Iowa. If there's one guy out there who reminds me of our current president, it's Huck.

3. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

More people were uncommitted than for Chris Dodd.

I sure do wish Tom Tancredo would have hung in there. Now there's a guy you wish you hardly knew.

4. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

Hey, that's what the local stations are reporting. I'm passing the little note along ;D

Joe, the delegate deal is either complex or simple. I've done the GOP deal in the past and it's elementary. Who wants to be a delegate, stand up and get your instructions and a primer.

The Dems are a little tougher, because they use fuzzy math to calculate how many people showed up, how many switched from candidate to candidate, and then after taking the vote, they then have to figure out how # delegates will represent each candidate at the county and state conventions.

Jeff Greenwood is on KCCI with the anchors. He said he has never seen anything like this before, in which three decorated veterans of the Senate (Dodd, Biden, and Richardson) got piss-pounded before even starting off the gate. Clearly, it shows that (from what I could gauge) is that voters don't give a shit how experienced you are. They want a natural born leader who can motivate like a witch.

The McCain love won't last after Tuesday if he doesn't buck up in Concord. Besides, at least he's honest with what he thinks of Iowa. It doesn't matter to him. The sumbitch hates that we've a hard-on for our corn to turn into ethanol. Gray Davis made that same mistake and California hit a tailspin with gas prices during his tenure, IIRC.

5. suburbia

suburbia Active Member

It's the power of the media to influence voters. The candidates in these things who do better than expected get hyped as the hot, coming-on-strong candidate. The candidates who do worse than expected, even if they still win outright, see the media, and voters, jump off their bandwagon.

6. JackyJackBN

JackyJackBN Guest

I wondered how you guys would play the Old Fred card. He was at 9% in the Gallup poll two days ago, yet 14% is flatlining. OK.

He will not drop out before SC. I claim.

7. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Huckabee is not much like Bush. For one thing, he does not hail from a family of landed gentry assholes. Huckabee is way right of Bush on some issues, and left of him on others.

Romney was the Bush-like tool.

8. pallister

pallister Guest

What kind of state votes Fred Thompson ahead of John McCain? Good God.

I think "He's like Bush" simply means "He's a Republican, so I hate him."

9. jakewriter82

jakewriter82 Active Member

78 percent of the caucuses in and McCain's is dead-even with Thompson. If Thompson falls to 4th he's finished.

10. Bill Brasky

Bill Brasky Active Member

I'm pretty happy with the results. I'm drinking the Kool-Aid for Obama and I'm glad to see Hillary finish third.
    And at least Huckabee seems like a human being, especially when compared to that Ken doll Romney.

11. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

It doesn't hurt for the Huckster to have Walker Texas Ranger at his side. He's giving a good speech.

Romney, on the other hand, just flashed his pearly whites for the umpteeth time. He looked shot.

12. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Biden ran so he can be the next secretary of state, which, if Obama wins, he will be. Fuck, Obama doesn't know anybody anyway. He'll probably draft a lot of bastards from the senate to do shit for him while he orates.

I dunno why Dodd ran, and Richardson wants to have a say on immigration in the new adminstration.

Draft saved Draft deleted