1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Invisible hand not seen in North Dakota oil boom

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Stitch, Jun 8, 2012.

1. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

A ProPublica story shows more than 1,000 accidental spills of oil and other chemicals in North Dakota's oil patch, with plenty of unreported spills tainting the environment.

Ah, I love the toxic smell of economic progress.

http://www.propublica.org/article/the-other-fracking-north-dakotas-oil-boom-brings-damage-along-with-prosperi

2. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

They don't have beaches, therefore this won't affect tourism, therefore it won't hurt the economy, therefore who gives a shit? Plus think of the JOB CREATORS!!!!!!! who will be hiring for clean-up.

Win-win for the economy.

3. Mystery Meat II

Mystery Meat II Well-Known Member

If the invisible hand can't be seen, it's living up to its name

4. SixToe

SixToe Active Member

Bah. It's just North Effin' Dakota.

No one will know.

(Until people start dying.)

5. SockPuppet

SockPuppet Active Member

My advice: get used to oil-flavored water. Maybe get a can of 3-In-1, each time you have a glass of aqua, put a few drops in so you can prepare for the future. And start putting petroleum jelly on your toast.

6. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

The land:people ratio up there is pretty big. You could be dumping arsenic by the ton and I doubt anyone would get sick.

Just buy bottled water. If you can find it on the shelves at the Williston Wal-Mart. If you make it inside after dark without being raped.

7. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Hope they don't spill any on the nuke silos.

Draft saved Draft deleted