1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Investor who forced K-R sale heads off to his yacht

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by FileNotFound, Mar 17, 2009.

1. FileNotFound

FileNotFound Well-Known Member

The single individual investor who created so much havoc that has led to so much heartache calls it quits.

It's possible that today's conditions were inevitable, but this guy did an awful lot to force it along.

http://blogs.tnr.com/tnr/blogs/the_plank/archive/2009/03/17/another-newspaper-casualty.aspx

2. SixToe

SixToe Well-Known Member

I hope his fucking yacht sinks in flames, slowly, in shark-infested waters.

3. PeterGibbons

PeterGibbons Member

SixToe beat me to it. I hope he gets attacked by pirates and no newspapers bother to reporter about it.

Sorry, we didn't have the staff to report on it right away, but can I interest you in buying an obit?

Fucking douchebag.... please rot in hell!

4. Double J

Double J Active Member

Well said, both of you.

5. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

I'm putting the Nautilus out to sea as we speak. Where's his yacht? I want to know how soon I get to load and flood the torpedo tubes.

6. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

We need to get somebody to put a tracking devise on it. Or maybe put some coke on it and call the coast guard and tell them he's a smuggler.

7. Blair Waldorf

Blair Waldorf Member

I'm pretty sure, given his line of work, that he probably already has some coke on the boat.

Do you think he sang T-Pain's "I'm on a Boat!" as he sailed away?

8. Mediator

Mediator Member

In other news, Gannett announced today that its CEO made $3.1 million in compensation last year and an $875,000 bonus. The same year that layoffs sliced the rolls and furloughs were planned.

9. SixToe

SixToe Well-Known Member

I'll bet that SOB isn't worried about a mortgage, health insurance or putting his kids through college.

10. Helm hard over!
    We have tracked the yacht, though, and we have marshalled our forces, and we await only Commodore alley's orders before sallying forth to wreak our vengeance, sending this wretched creature straight to the bottom of...
    [​IMG]

...the great lake of Fail.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  11. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Word for word... fuck him

12. Bamadog

Bamadog Well-Known Member

Maybe his yacht will stray into a military exercise area and a stray Navy Harpoon antiship missile will find his yacht and do this:

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
Draft saved Draft deleted