1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

investigators: couple locked 7-year-old boy in coffin

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Herbert Anchovy, Oct 4, 2011.

1. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

Charming world.

http://www.wreg.com/news/wreg-boy-coffin,0,3520195.story

2. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I don't mean this as a shot at you, Herbert, but this falls in the category of shit I don't want to know about.

We all know it's a fucked up world, but we don't need to start threads about every kid who is tortured, molested, killed etc...

Just my opinion... Again, not a shot at you in any way...

3. Herbert Anchovy

No offense taken, just some days I hear shit and can't believe my f-ing ears.

4. Mizzougrad96

Completely agree. As a parent, some of this shit just scares and sickens me.

5. Iron_chet

Iron_chet Well-Known Member

Agree, I clicked the thread but I would still rather not know (and yes I know that makes no sense)

6. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Would almost seem like a cause for a Running "People Are Fucked Up, Read This At Your Own Peril" thread.

But yeah, I didn't click on the link either.

7. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

No way I want to read that. Not in this life.

8. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

The kid is still alive, so it's not a gruesome tale as one might think. Somehow, the couple that did this wasn't arrested by police at the scene.

http://thetimes-tribune.com/news/scranton-police-seek-city-couple-after-diaper-clad-boy-7-tells-of-abuse-1.1212835#axzz1Zpi8x41o

9. Herbert Anchovy

Scranton has become a meth haven in recent years.

10. Mizzougrad96

Great idea for a thread... Glad I'm not the only one...

11. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

I hope they find the parents, and do this to them:

12. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

As a parent of a 9- and 8-year-old it sickens me too, but I'm not sure it scares me in the same way it does you.

I mean, I have no plans to lock my kids in a coffin, so why should I worry about it? It's like worrying about getting blown up by a nuke. These stories are so far off the norm that they're not worth worrying about.

What I worry about the dipshit parents I see at my kids' school, knowing full well some of them have problems that are mild compared to that portrayed in this story, but that are major enough to their kid's well-being. Some of the stories our kids' teachers have told us about some of the other kids in their class would make your skin crawl.

Draft saved Draft deleted