1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Introduction

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Adam Ide, Oct 13, 2018.

Tags:
  1. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

I have this album.

I Should Coco likes this.
  2. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Kershaw batted in the inning the Dodgers broke it open, and reached, and scored. LOL and then Roberts brought in Baez to start top-8.

Baseball is better when pitchers stand at the bat. AL baseball is junk.

3. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Adam, sincerely, welcome aboard!

There is a way to have your ID changed, but, it will retroactively rename the userID on all of these posts. So, we will still know, since some of the replies call you Adam.

But that said, man, do NOT. You be you. It’s refreshing actually. No need to change your username.

Unless... you want to start wading into highly contested threads like the Politics thread. In that situation, I’d highly recommend, first, lurking a bit like @KJIM suggested, then second, if you do want to join the fray in argumentative topics, a second username (a sock puppet) could come in handy to insulate your real self from any stupidity from a dumbass message board.

I’m not trying to scare you. The danger is not just from any potential bad actors here. Google somehow does a pretty good job crawling and finding this site in searches, so if a potential employer were to search for your name on the old World Wide Web, they might find your postings here. And so far, you’ve been fine. As I said, refreshing. But I don’t want you to have any regrets someday either. There are stories here about some of us having to deal with things in real life because of activity here. Just offering a word of caution. So far, you’re perfectly fine. Not trying to make you paranoid. Just some advice.

But first and foremost, you be you!

So far, you’re doing fine. You haven’t shown any desire to drive to Atlanta from Charleston just to watch soccer.

Again, welcome aboard!
    VB

Liut and Adam Ide like this.
  4. Adam Ide

Adam Ide New Member

Right. If Barnes had not singled, Puig would have pinch hit. That's the strategy I'm talking about.

Couldn't agree more. I don't hate AL ball, but I definitely prefer NL.

5. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

I missed the previous batter and walked in to the room with Kerhsaw up and watched him take the walk. Left the room for a few moments and came back in when he was on second base, which was great too because they could have pinch-run for him but didn't. I thought that after he scored and they added another run or two that they'd let him go back out for top-8. That they didn't is why it's funny ... they let him run the bases and score AND THEN pulled him. It's one of the funnier non-move/moves I've seen recently.

6. Adam Ide

Adam Ide New Member

Right. I left in about the third inning when Milwaukee was up 1-0. Came back after the Muncy single. I think they pulled him because he ran the bases, because you know pitchers don't have enough stamina to run the bases and throw another pitch haha.

7. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

A few more tidbits of advice for our young scribe.

Ask repeatedly if so and so should be in the Hall of Fame. Like ANY Hall of Fame.
    If you have any feelings (good or bad) about Whitney Houston or Phil Collins, make them known immediately.
    Watch The Client.
    Lastly: The blue font is the sarcasm font. Know it, live it, love it.

Adam Ide likes this.
  8. TyWebb

TyWebb Well-Known Member

But seriously. Have you ever seen a grown man naked?

Liut likes this.
  9. Adam Ide

Adam Ide New Member

Yeah ever heard of a gym?

Liut likes this.
  10. TyWebb

TyWebb Well-Known Member

Nope, never met him.

wicked and justgladtobehere like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted