1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Introduction - British BA Hons Sports Journalism graduate

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by MarkPickering, Feb 19, 2008.

1. EE94

EE94 Guest

IN all seriousness, you might have better opportunities in Australia than the States. As I'm sure you know, Aussies are sports nuts and my guess would be there is less competition than either UK or the States.
    Plus, it's warm ...

2. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

I agree with that, but here's my take.

Give me the guy with a 2.0 who has clips that blow me away and glowing recommendations from internship supervisors over someone with a 4.0 who has zero clips nine ways to Sunday.

No one is going to give a flying fuck what your college GPA was when you're out in the world. And that piece of advice came to me from a guy who had a 4.0 GPA in college. As he was speaking at his college graduation.

3. awriter

awriter Active Member

I was kind of operating under the assumption that Mark did absolutely nothing in college other than go to class, so I my tone might have been a bit harsh. But I stand behind everything else I wrote.

Draft saved Draft deleted