1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

intro music

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by bydesign77, Oct 20, 2010.

1. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

I wanted to pull the trigger on that one, but given the amount of time the clocks, bells, whistles and such were going, my concern is that too many wouldn't get it.

It could work, though. And for those who would get it, it belongs.

2. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Always liked the first minute or so of Metallica's "The House That Jack Built."
    The whole thing is a pretty depressing song about addiction, but the intro just starts off slow, builds to a climax and has a perfect punctuation with "..Open door so I walk inside. Close my eyes, find my place to hide. And I shake as I take it in. Let the show begin!" Taken out of context, it's a pretty cool line for preparing for a performance.

3. Gator

Gator Well-Known Member

One of the few times I actually got tingles watching high school sports was about 10 years ago. It was a regular season game between two big rivals, but it was as big as they get as far as postseason positioning, bragging rights, etc. Anyway, after the visiting team was introduced, the lights went down and the intro music to Korn's "Blind" went on.

Then the .... "Are you ready?" And the lights came up and the home team came streaming out and into their layup drill. The place went nuts.

4. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

Go old school on them and use Booker T & the MGs "Green Onions"

Or ask as a Springsteen fan who has a good bootleg collection to send you an instrumental version of "Born to Run"

5. BYH

BYH Active Member

I once covered a high school whose girls basketball team came out to Christina Aguilera's "Dirrty." Probably the first time I felt old and out of touch. I mean, who comes out to THAT?!

6. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Money For Nothing might work. About two minutes to introduce the lineup, then the guitar starts.

7. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

How We Do -- The Game

Get the "instrumental" version.

8. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

Pitbull -- Get Up/Levantate

From 0:10 to 0:33:

9. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Philadelphis 76ers have a cool warm up song "Right here Right Now" by Fatboy Slim. My high school team used this one as well as "Welcome to the Jungle".

Thunderstruck is always a good one.

But if it is basketball, it's always a good idea to choose rap. I know a couple teams that use "Till I Collapse" by Eminem.

10. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

Well, the other alternative was Warrant's "Cherry Pie"

11. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

"The Ox" by The Who was theme to All Star Wrestling on CHCH from Hamilton on Saturday afternoons for years.

12. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Good intro for football.

I used to intro basketball to an edited version of "Run Like Hell."

Draft saved Draft deleted