1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

intro music

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by bydesign77, Oct 20, 2010.

1. Mystery Meat II

Mystery Meat II Well-Known Member

Pro wrestling themes (old and new) are good for a few ideas. Since it's high school (I presume), John Cena's theme could work. Or Ironman. But not Randy Orton's. That wouldn't send the right message.

2. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Obsession, by Animotion. This was the into for Saturday Night's Main Event back in the day.

The intro to Welcome to the Jungle is pretty good too...

3. Mizzougrad96

Then again, this isn't 1986. Never mind. :D

4. HC

HC Well-Known Member

The faster, unison section of "O Fortuna" (but not the weak ass disco version Brampton uses when the opposing team gets a penalty). Just for a classical selection. :D

I'm talking the part that starts "Sors salutis" at about 1:43.

5. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

-"Re-Jigue" - The Alan Parsons Project
    (Cue it 25 seconds in. You'll still have two minutes to announce your lineup)

-"Leave That Thing Alone" - Rush
    (I'd take the "Counterparts" version, but a live version with the synth lead-in might be more your cup of tea.)

-"Spindrift" - Rush (cue it up about 20 seconds in ... but there are lyrics)

-"Limbo" - Rush

-"In The Stone" - Earth, Wind & Fire

I also know of one place where the guy played "Mammagamma" from the Alan Parsons Project while introducing the road team, then switched to "Sirius" for home team intros. Not a bad idea, even though the public has beaten "Sirius" into the ground ... and most have no idea who performed it.

6. nmmetsfan

nmmetsfan Active Member

More Human than Human - White Zombie

7. CYowSMR

CYowSMR Member

Eye of the Tiger worked well for me. Long intro -- enough to intro 5 players.

8. Brian

Brian Well-Known Member

Until the Heat decided to use it to unveil their new trio, I liked How Do You Like Me Now by The Heavy for this purpose.

I think Boom Boom by John Lee Hooker or Aint Nothing Wrong With That by Robert Randolph would be awesome, too.

9. Mizzougrad96

Detachable Penis - King Missile

Slaughterama - GWAR

10. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

Time - Pink Floyd

11. Rusty Shackleford

Rusty Shackleford Active Member

You should play the Triple H theme song b/t player intros and the actual tipoff. "It's time to play the game!"

12. bumpy mcgee

bumpy mcgee Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted