1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Into thin Air

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by flexmaster33, Aug 9, 2010.

1. flexmaster33

flexmaster33 Well-Known Member

Does anyone know how this Into Thin Air website works?

I recently had a story about a junior olympic national decathlon champion and a parent e-mailed me saying how nice it was that my story made it onto an international site. Needless to say it was the first I had heard of it. I never received a request from the site to reprint the story and photo.

I'm fired up to contact them and demand freelance payment, but wondered if I may be missing something?

2. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I've read Krakauer's Outside article and the book by that name, but I've never heard of that website.

Anyway, it appears to be a personal BLOG! that copies-and-pastes articles. You should have your SE or ME or publisher or even the newspaper's attorney send a cease-and-desist to the site. They do put a link to the original source of the stories, but C&P-ing the whole thing is a copyright violation.

3. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

All websites are international.

4. flexmaster33

flexmaster33 Well-Known Member

The point was that the focus of this site is international track and field, so there's a collection of stories on here from all over the world. It's not focused only on US track and field or Northwest High School sports, etc.

Draft saved Draft deleted