1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Interviews For Palin's Upcoming Fox News Special Not Recent Or Current

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by BNWriter, Apr 1, 2010.

1. BNWriter

BNWriter Active Member

As I understand this article, although they will be featured in it, neither LL Cool J nor Toby Keith gave recent interviews to Fox News for the upcoming special to be hosted by former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin.

Way to stay current and classy, Fox News & Gov. Palin.

http://www.pantagraph.com/entertainment/television/article_232f8fce-3d8b-11df-8c25-001cc4c002e0.html

The only reason I would watch this (if I can talk myself into it!!) is to see Palin's presentation skills (she was a former TV sports reporter). Want to see her slip into reporter/anchor/host mode just to experience it.

Thoughts/comments. Civility, please.

2. Rhody31

Rhody31 Well-Known Member

From what I read, they were interviewed specifically for the show, but at the time it was a show without a host.
    I don't think it's dishonest. I think a lot of celebrities are going to throw a shitfit about it because of their ill-informed political views on Palin.

3. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

How does this:

Lead to this:

4. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

I can't imagine that's why Toby Keith is upset. Though the LL Cool J tweets about Palin are his most unintentionally hilarious feud since Kool Moe Dee.

5. Rhody31

Rhody31 Well-Known Member

6. finishthehat

finishthehat Active Member

Yes, people are ill-informed about Palin. That's definitely the problem.

7. BNWriter

BNWriter Active Member

The first one is just a shot at Fox News for taking the approach they did (using old footage rather than going out and getting fresh interviews...shows lack of class or initiative). The second was just trying to avoid getting a lock put on the thread.

8. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

Oh c'mon - journalistically, it's completely not kosher.

For somebody to give Fox an interview - only to find it fronted by one of the most polarizing political figures of our time - not honest, and not cool.

Kind of like if President Obama agreed to be interviewed by an Extra producer about healthcare... only to have it fronted by "correspondent" Rachel Uchitel.

9. BNWriter

BNWriter Active Member

I totally see Lugnuts' point. A celeb who does not subscribe to Fox's POV can come back and complain, potentially, of being misrepresented or misled about the reason for the interview, right??

10. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

The LL Cool J interview is two years old.

And the "Ill-informed" comment is hilarious.

11. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

... and it will still get better ratings than CNN.

12. BNWriter

BNWriter Active Member

Which, if it does, amraeder, will be unfortunate, IMHO.

Draft saved Draft deleted