1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Interviewing....key questions in today's times

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by printdust, Apr 30, 2008.

1. printdust

printdust New Member

Let's put this in entry-level, mid-upper level and management/editor categories, and address which category you're talking about when answering the following:

What key question would you ask as the job-seeker in any of these categories with today's work environment being what it is? Would it be a job security question or something else? What one question would you have to get answered (other than pay).

2. My question would be, what the fuck are you talking about?

3. printdust

printdust New Member

You're applying in any of the above-mentioned categories. I would suspect that someone just getting into the biz at the entry level would ask a set of questions that differs from those seeking a mid or upper level job or department chief job. So with the way the business is today (job security, etc., ) what would be the key question among the questions you'd ask - in other words, the one question you'd want answered before you saw this as a good move for you. Damn, I didn't think I'd have to get wordy.

4. Joe Williams

Joe Williams Well-Known Member

Q: When do you expect your next round of layoffs and, when it comes, are they done last in, first out?

5. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

6. fremont

fremont Member

"What's your mileage rate? I can't afford to pay to travel and cover shit for you."

Draft saved Draft deleted