1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Interviewing about the hard stuff

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by toolsofignorance, Nov 18, 2008.

1. Good suggestion, acc. I definitely plan on starting with some easier things and easing into the tougher stuff.

Ace, "kid" was just a general term. He's actually not far removed from college. I don't want to give away too much information because it's possible some of you might know who I'm referring to. It's a long shot, but it's possible. The MS is just one of the things this family has dealt with in the past year, some good, some bad. I don't want to tie myself down to one specific angle yet, though I'm pretty sure about the direction it will go (again, I don't want to say too much). Getting specific is good.

The mom has invited me to spend a day at their home, so it makes this a lot easier in that respect. However, the son has a few things going on and won't be there, so it's probably not going to be possible to get them together. I'm happy I'll be able to talk to her first, at least. It will give me more to go on when I talk to the son.

Thanks for the luck, all.

Draft saved Draft deleted