1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Interview

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by tjm5619, Sep 1, 2008.

1. tjm5619

tjm5619 New Member

Hi everyone. My name is T.J. Mulligan and I am a sophomore at the University of North Carolina at Wilmington. I am a Communications major and a journalism minor and I was hoping that someone could help me with a class assignment. I am very interested in becoming a sports journalist and I need to interview one for my intro to journalism class. If someone could help me I'd greatly appreciate it. If you could respond to this or email me at tjm5619@uncw.edu I'd greatly appreciate it. Thank you.

2. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

That sounds very general. Is there something in particular you want to ask?

3. tjm5619

tjm5619 New Member

I need to ask a lot of questions about the profession. Basic questions such as hours, salary, etc, but also some more detailed questions so I can write a paper about the sports journalist profession.

4. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Have you thought about calling someone at the paper there in Wilmington?

5. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

I'm actually a managing editor of a weekly paper, but my biggest passion/reason I got into this profession is to be a sportswriter.

I don't know how much help that'd provide, but I'd be willing to try.

6. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

That's a crazy combo communications/journalism for a minor/major. Aren't they basically the same thing?

7. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I've got a major in mass communication with a dual emphases in broadcasting and journalism and a minor in speech communication. It's all how your school decides to separate the classifications.

8. Jay Sherman

Jay Sherman Member

TJ, I e-mailed you.

9. tjm5619

tjm5619 New Member

Thanks Jay. I emailed you back and hopefully we'll talk when I know everything that I'll need from you.

10. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

You have to use people's usernames on here, dude.

11. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

He did dude.

12. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

Geez, just trying to make it clear to him that I wasn't trying to be a douche ...

Draft saved Draft deleted