1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Interview with DLB

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Moderator1, Dec 11, 2006.

1. thebiglead

thebiglead Member

Didn't think it made him look illiterate at all. Did the interview over email, didn't think cleaning it up was necessary. Did, however, receive an email saying that Michelle Kauffman at the Herald is also Cuban, so Michelle, if you're out there, sorry for the omission.

2. Frank_Ridgeway

Frank_Ridgeway Well-Known Member

I guess you're not a very good judge of that, then.

3. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Great post.

4. thebiglead

thebiglead Member

Of all the insightful, interesting things LeBatard said, this is what you'll take away from it all? Thru instead of through?

5. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Not a fan of DLB. He's an incredible talent, but the apologist stuff wears really thin...

I disagree with Alma, DLB is not in Whitlock's class as a columnist...

6. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Even he admits his friendship with Ricky Williams got in the way of the story. Sorry. When you are in a position like that you should not be friends with the athletes.

If you choose to, though, you have to be able to write about them honestly and put the friendship on the back burner. That's your job.

7. Montezuma's Revenge

Montezuma's Revenge Active Member

DLB is a truly talented writer ... and a third-rate thinker.

Too bad.

It's a shame that with all his talent, he has little worthwhile to say.

8. Frank_Ridgeway

Frank_Ridgeway Well-Known Member

It's why mainstream media sweat the small stuff. We could say that readers don't notice these things, but when there's a bunch of them, yes they do. And then they stop focusing on the substance of what you say and they notice how slovenly you say it. If you just want to be another blog, taken no more seriously than any other blog read by 12 people, fine, run Internet shorthand (LOL!). If you want to be taken seriously, though, have some professional standards. Run it in English.

9. ballscribe

ballscribe Active Member

Especially when you claim your computer skills are 112 years old in the same interview!

10. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

Next time, don't be so fucking lazy.

He looked moronic in spots.

11. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

Its instead of it's... don't make me scour the fucker.

12. Left_Coast

Left_Coast Active Member

It's his blog, he can do whatever he wants, though I side with Frank on this one. My bigger problem: Spelling his name wrong.
    LeBatard. Lebatard in an earlier version. It's two words. Le Batard.

Draft saved Draft deleted