1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Interracial couple photo causes stir in STL P-D

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by buckweaver, Apr 10, 2009.

1. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Gee, what would Joe Garagiola think?

2. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

He's learned his lesson, so he'd keep his mouth shut.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  3. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

I finally read this thread. I thought this was a joke.

This is 2009 and someone - other than the underground legion of wackos who don't really count -- still cares whether a black and a white or a white and a japanese or a black and a chinese or an Arab and a white person dates/gets married/has sex/kisses?

Jesus, I really can't understand why anyone would give a shit. And more importantly, it is so common these days, why would it cause anyone to even look twice, much less stare?

4. greenlantern

greenlantern Guest

They better only carry white bread.

5. MU_was_not_so_hard

MU_was_not_so_hard Active Member

Not sure if anyone posted this, but last time I heard, St. Louis was still the No. 1 most segregated city in the country. There's a reason for that.

6. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Black guy with white girl is pretty common hereabouts. Don't think people would bat an eye.

You don't see white guys with black girls nearly as often for some reason -- PROBABLY CAUSE THE SISTERS ALWAYS TURNED ME DOWN, DAMMIT!

7. johnlydon

johnlydon New Member

Having lived there for a while, I found there's a reason there are something like 12 school districts in the county, as opposed to the one within the st. louis city limits, and while the mantra was "neighborhood schools," the underlying reason was to -- ahem -- "mitigate" the effects of busing.

8. Drip

Drip Active Member

Black man stroking white woman and white men are outraged. Time to wake up. Love is where you find it. If you find someone who will support you in every way and love you for who you are unconditionally, that's a blessing. Color be damned.

Draft saved Draft deleted