1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Interracial couple denied marriage license in La.

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by bwright, Oct 15, 2009.

1. CarltonBanks

CarltonBanks New Member

I was wondering...do any of the liberals? Cripes, this is so assinine I think pretty much everyone on these boards decries it. But if it will make you feel better...
    I, a conservative message board poster on SportsJournalists.com, hereby DECRY this insidious intrusion of the government into our lives!

2. redwriter

redwriter Member

Just remember that the next time you're quick to claim it's liberals trying to take over your life.

3. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

How is this an intrusion of government? An intrusion of government would be forcing people to get married.

It's more of an intrusion of racist assholery.

4. CarltonBanks

CarltonBanks New Member

I was doing the verbatum thing...but, yes, you are correct. I just wanted to get the "hey, righties, denounce this" crap out of the way so the discussion could continue.

5. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Completely agreed. The guy has no place in public life. (another thing we agree on, Dave) :D

6. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Activist judges suck, no matter what side of the bench they're activating from.

7. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Can dogs be racist? I bet it was the closet KKK kid Sherman.

8. sportsguydave

sportsguydave Active Member

Yep.. :D

9. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

10. slytiger

slytiger Member

What is this 1955? It's disgusting that in the 21st century there are still backwards rednecks out there.

I'm white my fiancee is black, we have a child and another on the way. Race has never been an issue with us or our friends, I see my future wife, she sees her future husband and we both see our son as our beautiful child. Race never comes up unless stories like this surface. Despicable.

I'm curious if one of his hillbilly friends showed up with a Korean girl what would have been the result?

This quote made me laugh though "I have piles and piles of black friends," he adds. "They come to my home, I marry them, they use my bathroom. I treat them just like everyone else."

He doesn't just have one pile of black friends, he has multiple piles of black friends.

11. Drip

Drip Active Member

What's sad is that there are many people - including some on this board - who think this guy is right.

12. sportsguydave

sportsguydave Active Member

Yikes. I suppose that apple fell pretty close to the tree.

Draft saved Draft deleted