1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Interpret This Dream

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Italian_Stallion, Mar 23, 2008.

1. Italian_Stallion

Italian_Stallion Active Member

I was covering a prep football game when the most amazing thing happened. The losing team's drive stalled, and they turned it over on downs. But the other team's quarterback inexplicably decided to throw the ball on the last two plays of the game.

The first throw was almost picked off. On the next throw, the defender and the receiver were running downfield across the middle. The ball sailed high, and both players went horizontal in pursuit. The defender snagged the ball out of the air, but it bounced away when he hit the ground. The impact caused him to roll twice, and he ended up on his back. It all happened in a split second. So the ball that he was juggling hadn't come back down. It landed on his chest, where he cradled it with one arm. It took the shaken defender a few seconds to realize it was a pick. After a full three seconds, he got up and ran for a score as time expired. Both teams began celebrating. I realize it's a dead ball in any league other than the pros. But it was a cool dream. So I thought I'd share.

2. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

SO just how close are you to your sister and how long have you had these feelings for her?

3. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

The time is your fears of the end of your life. The ball is your dreams, which are still up for grabs. You, as the reporter, are third-person watching as you, the defensive player, nearly fumbles those dreams away.

But they came back to you, and the rules bent for you to achieve your dreams.

CONGRATULATIONS!

4. Italian_Stallion

Italian_Stallion Active Member

I like IJAG's take on things.

Draft saved Draft deleted