1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Internships

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by Larry, Nov 24, 2008.

1. Larry

Larry New Member

Anyone know of any newspapers offering internships?

2. smsu_scribe

smsu_scribe Guest

If you go to the APSE website, there's a section that lists internships. Right now, there's only a few actually listed, and they're mainly large metros. But obviously there's more if you search on Google you can find a few. I'm trying to get an internship this summer. I'm probably just going to ask the local papers here. They're not big papers at all, one is bi-weekly and the other two are daily. Still, I just want to get experience so that in future summers between my college years I can hopefully keep moving up to better papers.

3. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

http://www.sportsjournalists.com/forum/posts/1243082/

4. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

Larry,

Check with the newspaper association in your state. If they don't have a program, they should at least be able to tell you about other opportunities.

5. Bullwinkle

Bullwinkle Member

Best bet is to contact a local paper and offer your soul.

They probably won't pay you, but college credit isn't all that bad a tradeoff if the experience is good.

Draft saved Draft deleted