1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Interns saying dumb things...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Scribbled_Notz, Jun 20, 2006.

1. DyePack

DyePack New Member

Did you ever read the account of that? If it was real, I guess she was hiding behind a car at one point and then got caught.

What a lameass journalist. Anyone with skill knows you hide at the side of the car, then move around when necessary.

2. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

You might tell your ditzy intern that doing obits is one of the most useful chores you can do in the newspaper. Especially as an experience to learn to get things right and make news judgments.

3. DyePack

DyePack New Member

If you ask him about cooking meth, I bet he'll have something to say.

4. PopeDirkBenedict

PopeDirkBenedict Active Member

Watchoo takin bout Willis? Meth is the white man's drug.

5. DyePack

DyePack New Member

Oh. I guess I missed the part about him being black.

I just associate press room people with meth.

6. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

And you associate liberals with evi-- ah, never mind. It's too easy and I don't feel like fighting today.

7. DyePack

DyePack New Member

Ultraliberals.

8. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Ultraconservative.

9. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

The paper I write for had one leave a couple of months ago. And if I had any more contact with him than I did, I probably would be in the judicial system as we speak.
    Little fucking rat boy was the best writer around, ask him (average to decent). Had little man's syndrome, compensated for size with mouth and ego. Said a couple of flip things to me and I bit my tongue hard, knowing his supervisor who heard all of it would dress him down later.
    Every other intern -- especially the two before him -- were fine. This kid was a wart on the ass of society

10. HoopsMcCann

HoopsMcCann Active Member

we dont' have an intern in sports, but damn, there's one in news we'd like to have around some

can't covince anyone to get her over in sports more

11. tyler durden 71351

tyler durden 71351 Active Member

We've got a damn good intern this summer. Smart, wants to work, keeps quiet. He's also stringing for a couple of other publications. Too bad he's splitting for D.C. in August.

12. spaceman

spaceman Active Member

Plain or peanut?

Draft saved Draft deleted