1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Interns saying dumb things...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Scribbled_Notz, Jun 20, 2006.

1. cougargirl

cougargirl Active Member

Best I ever heard from an intern, who was on the phone when she was supposed to be writing a school board story on deadline.

"This is such bullshit. They'd never have had me do this at the New York Times."

2. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Our sports intern didn't realize there was a chick in the department until he made a bad and slightly sexist joke, prompting me to stand up and said, "Hey, I'm a girl, dammit." He's now on his best behavior, and he's a helluva writer.

3. DyePack

DyePack New Member

What was the joke?

4. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Something about a girl being passed around like a bag of M&Ms. I've heard it before from the guys. I think they were trying to get him in trouble.

5. ballscribe

ballscribe Active Member

Our paper's interns (there are none in sports, sadly) are blogging on the web site.

It is unintentionally hilarious comedy. I eagerly await every installment.

No freaking way I was that clueless when I was in their position. No freaking way. ;D

6. DyePack

DyePack New Member

Links, dammit! I need fresh meat!

7. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Getting an internship at my last paper was almost like a guaranteed letter of employment. We hired no less than five or six interns as full-time employees in the four years I was there.

8. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Hey, how can this thread have gotten this far without a mention of the ever-great Krystal Grow, America's most noted intern (next to Monica Lewinsky, of course)?

9. Double J

Double J Active Member

Fuck, I've been here almost 14 years and I'm still typing in bowling scores. I can't wait to get back to school and get the hell outta here! :D

So where is Krazy Krystal these days and what is she up to?

10. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

About three months ago I did a Google search for her, wondering where she ended up. Certainly not at Spin Magazine, right?

11. DyePack

DyePack New Member

I just did a Google for her, although not under News, just to review all the crap from last summer.

The generation that's coming out of college now is filled with Krystal Grows. Most of them don't get widespread notoriety, though.

12. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Most of them didn't try to crash HST's funeral, either.

Draft saved Draft deleted