1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Internet Journalism (E-Newspaper)

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by sportsnut, May 13, 2007.

1. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

Good Lord. I didn't say the Pegasus News was any good. I said they must be happy about the recent woes at the DMN. That's all. Might want to reconsider the wisdom in getting into a froth over something I didn't even write.

2. sportsnut

sportsnut Member

I always thought the LA Daily News should become a tabloid newspaper like the NY Daily News.
    I see some newspapers have spent allot more on there online website like LA Times, NY Times and the 3 different sites you have posted here.

But how much revenue would you really need to support a city paper? I looked at the advertising rates and they are $2.000+ each. But would you need mobile and backberry support and video to be successful.

I visit LAObserved.com and its sports section at www.laobserved.com/sports and I love it if I want to know what's happening at the Times. But crime watch and other topics of interests are not available on LAO. Local papers are not very good with online websites and they think the bill to do it will be to much.

LA has 40 some colleges with Journalism and broadcasting programs with students looking for internships. That is 200+ interns that are available.

Draft saved Draft deleted