1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Internet Freelancer Available

Discussion in 'Freelance/stringer help available' started by HHDougB, Oct 14, 2009.

1. HHDougB

HHDougB New Member

Looking for a web-based internet free lance job.

I have been writing articles for HokieHaven.com, the Virginia Tech site of the Rivals.com network, for the past three years. I currently write three articles a week, one reviewing the last week's football game and two previewing the next week. When games aren't the main topic, I produce other content such as Q&A's, Superlatives, Rankings, etc, etc. Also, once basketball season starts, I will take on basketball game previews as well. I am looking at adding at least one other paying gig right now. I will consider all opportunities offered.

Email HHDougB@yahoo.com if interested!

2. HHDougB

HHDougB New Member

Bump.

3. HHDougB

HHDougB New Member

Bump.

Anyone with Interest?

Or

Anyone with Advice?

4. chevydude29

chevydude29 New Member

No advice but a question: How do you go about getting a job with a rivals website?

5. HHDougB

HHDougB New Member

Freelancing for the individual sites goes through the individual site publishers. I'm not a part or contract or anything like that with Rivals, but I get paid freelance by the site publisher. I ran into it lucky, he was looking for work, posted an ad on the team message board, I emailed him expressing interest, and bada bing bada boom there it was, now on my 3rd year.

Draft saved Draft deleted