1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Internet Explorer 7

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by 21, Nov 27, 2006.

1. 21

21 Well-Known Member

I was warned not to download this until some of the junk was worked out, but one of my computers was in dire need of an overhaul, so I downloaded.

Looks like a total nightmare to me.

Between this and the new phone, I am very stressed. Am I just being difficult? Is anyone liking it?

2. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Go Firefox. I despise IE.

3. 21

21 Well-Known Member

Okay, I might just do that, since everyone on here says that over and over.

Tell me what you hate about IE, I'm pretty sure I hate it too, but don;t know why.

On the brighter side, I am so passionately in love with the sorta new version of Google Toolbar. Just spectacular. I don't know how anyone doesn't use this.

4. Stretch15

Stretch15 Member

What do I hate about IE?

It's made by Microsoft. It is buggy. It is vulnerable to security breaches (no matter what Gates and his boys tell you).

That's enough for me.

5. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

What I hate about IE? It's Microsoft, therefore inherently flawed. Not to mention bugged.

Firefox had pop-up blocker light years before IE did. Firefox had tabbed browsing light years before IE. Firefox imports all your IE preferences and bookmarks when you download it and start using it.

Firefox is open-source, which means it's not subject to Microsoft's whims with programmers all over the world working to improve it.

Love that 'Fox.

6. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

21: When you download firefox, look into the extensions. There was a thread where 2much linked to most of them, or explained them. The bugmenot extension is fabulous, as is the adblocker.

I don't like ie because I always end up with a ton of spyware/shareware off of it. Firefox? None.

7. FuerteJ

FuerteJ Active Member

Dude, I've tried the IE Tab extension. Every time I try to use it, it shuts down my FireFox because of an illegal function. Even with the updates.

8. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

I downloaded IE 7.0, have used it a couple of times and haven't had any major problems with it. Only problem I encountered is with the new tabbed browsing feature and the favorites list. If you're trying to get into a folder on your favorites list and click in the wrong place it will open every site in that folder up in a separate tab.

However for 99% of my browsing I use Netscape 8.1.2, which lets me toggle back and forth between a Firefox framework and an IE framework - depending on the website.

9. ARD

ARD Member

I like IE7 and use it at work -- after moving the consarned menu bar back to the top where it belongs; much better than IE6. I like Firefox 1.5 better and use it at home. Never had spyware with IE or FF, but then I'm pretty careful. Neither is perfect, but FF is more easily customizable.

10. Flash

Flash Guest

I d/led IE 7 and it was an incredible burden on my laptop. Anything IE uses up way more memory than anything Mozilla and ultimately affects the operation of your computer. I got rid of it and am way more operable with Firefox.

11. oldhack

oldhack Member

FF is MUCH more stable.

12. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

How do you move the menu bar back to the top?

Draft saved Draft deleted