1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

International Bowl to be played in Toronto in January...what does it mean?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by JR, Nov 21, 2006.

1. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

:D

2. patchs

patchs Active Member

No, not exactly, Rochester to Toronto would be 2 1/2 to 3 hours, Syracuse would be 4 to 4 1/2, it's a little more than 250 miles.
    Plus tack on the wait at the border and it could be 30 minutes longer.
    Also, SU usually doesn't travel well for low-mid level bowls.
    And as someone said earlier, it's moot with SU at 4-7 (4-8 after Rutgers whupps them Sat.)
    If Buffalo ever became bowl eligible, being 90 minutes away, they would get a few fans since you don't need a motel. That would be a better fit than SU.

3. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

The International Bowl is run by the same fucking bunglers who run the Motor City Bowl, so you can look forward to this being a disorganized, bush-league disaster.

Whatever they announce as attendance, rest assured it's padded by about 60%.

4. KP

KP Active Member

Moose Jaw, bitch!

5. Del_B_Vista

Del_B_Vista Active Member

I just spent far too much time looking for it in the NCAA handbooks, but I'm 99 percent sure your number of practices is the same regardless of whether the game is played on Dec. 15 or Jan. 7.

6. KP

KP Active Member

$60 for the season last year at Ohio. [/admitted fanboy]

7. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

That's $45 Canadian. That's like $30 for you and me.

8. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Just checked. As of today's exchange rate, it's $39.4025 Usd. :)

9. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

In fairness, he's only starting because Chris Simms suffered a season-ending ruptured spleen during a game.

10. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Agreed on the late start date. So Bowl Week is now Bowl Weeks? ESPN had done a nice job of eliminating the silliness of those Dec. 14 bowl games.

11. FuerteJ

FuerteJ Active Member

Del, I think Hoops' point is that if they're bowl eligible, they'd just as happily go to this game as any other mid- to low-level bowl game. If they weren't eligible, they couldn't practice. But since they're eligible, they can practice. Or something like that. I'm pretty sure he didn't mean they'd get more practice days.

12. HoopsMcCann

HoopsMcCann Active Member

no, actually i thought there were more practice days... i'm not sure.

Draft saved Draft deleted