1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

International arrest warrant issued for Floyd Landis in doping computer hacking

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by deskslave, Feb 15, 2010.

1. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSTRE61E3R420100215?type=sportsNews

2. Shoeless Joe

Shoeless Joe Active Member

piss on the French.

Floyd crossed the line first.

was he on something? most likely along with every other winner since, oh, I don't know ... 1903.

the very day in day in question I was keeping up with Stage 17 on my computer and bolted work to watch. as soon as he crossed the line and started throwing punches at his own people I said "my god, he's got roid rage."

the French were just pissed that another American won the year after they had gotten rid of Armstrong and all this is is a continuation of them stirring crap up because he stood up for himself and the national lab and the whole WADA hearing was proven to be a sham.

when you have a three-man hearing where two of the three are required to find for the prosecution no matter what the evidence says, well that's not much of a process. Floyd's excuses and everything was far fetched, but there was enough evidence provided that he would have been restored in any court of law.

again, do I think he was jacked up ... most likely. he really doesn't appear to be a computer savvy hacker though.

3. Double J

Double J Active Member

If you really feel that way, then Ben Johnson won the men's 100 metres at the 1988 Summer Olympics.

Speaking of that, my mom pointed out to me the incongruity of admitted former steroid gobbler Arnold Schwarzenegger being given the honour of carrying the Olympic torch last week in a country where Ben Johnson is still a synonym for shame. Things that make you go hmmmmm......

4. Rusty Shackleford

Rusty Shackleford Active Member

So Landis is a Tour de France winner and a computer hacker? Sounds like some kind of geeky super-hero to me.

5. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

I expect Landis to do the perp walk from a trailer in a wife-beater any day now.

6. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Yeah, I've got a hard time believing this one. Sounds like the French want to stick it to an American again and this is the best they could come up with.

7. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Floyd: "Who shall we attack first?"

Jennifer: "France!!"

Draft saved Draft deleted