1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Internal Polling Suggests Hastert Could Devastate GOP

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Deeper_Background, Oct 6, 2006.

1. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

You know, so long as its not illegal, as Foley's transgressions were, can both the Democrats and Republicans STFU over what people did with their personal lives? I personally don't give a shit what dude Barney Frank fucked or whose home Henry Hyde wrecked.

Foley was wrong. If Hastert knew about it and did nothing, he was wrong.

End of story. End of finger-pointing to the past. Just end it.

2. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

I hope Hastert hangs on to the bitter end, myself. (Ooops ... bad phrase ...)

Either way, he's probably not going to be speaker in 2007.

3. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Three weeks ago, it wasn't "the past" and Fat Hastert was just strolling along, trying
    to keep body and soul together, WITH FULL KNOWLEDGE THAT FOLEY WAS A FLEDGLING
    PAGEBOY.

Whichever private-sector firm hires Foley is obviously debased. And Tubbo deserves
    to lose his Speaker's post . . . a high-likelihood, near-term, in any event. What's
    the difference? The ruling braintrust will run another tool into that spot, anyway.

4. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

Yes we do. He knew about this for, at the very least, weeks, and did zip.

You damn well know that his plan, Boehner's plan, Rove's plan... was to get Foley through November and then boot him, replacing him with GOP.

How can you bleat about Democratic gotcha, when what I have written above is FAR closer to the precise truth.

5. Columbo - I think you're a moron and every post of yours is proof.

Here's a very balanced account of the situation from Michael Barone

http://www.usnews.com/usnews/opinion/baroneblog/archives/061006/the_foley_inves.htm

I point to this section.

If a partisan group had the IM's in July but somehow they weren't released until just before the election - then I think anyone with an open mind would agree that partisan politics and not concern for protecting 17-year old pages from a predator Congressman was afoot.

6. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Fasto knew about this well-before that, and did nothing, since he's a tool and a whore.

Next question.

7. Gee, here's some.
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/10/06/AR2006100601888.html

UPDATE -- Michael Barone is a hack.
    That's a laugh.

8. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

Board.... before I really invest time in pounding this rube....

Is this douchebag bobblehead?

9. Of course he's a hack, because you don't agree with him. You do know he once worked for the Dems, correct?

10. I don't give a damn if he drove for FDR.
    He's not only a hack. He's an embarrassing hack.
    And Hastert appears to be, well, something of a liar.
    Carry on.

11. As someone who knows who you are - you couldn't carry Michael Barone's jockstrap.

And that's the truth.

You should be embarrassed to be here trying to pass yourself off as some sort of expert. Truly you should be embarrassed.

12. F_B has been spreading his very own brand of smug assholedom on this board for a long time, egged on by his little cheerleaders. He might be a very nice guy in person, for all I know, but for these purposes, the man is a snake.

Draft saved Draft deleted