1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Intern - Elmira Pioneers

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by Moderator1, Feb 13, 2009.

1. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Not journalism and not paid but could be some good experience for someone who wants to get in on this side of things:

I'm the General Manager of the Elmira Pioneers, a club in the New York Collegiate Baseball League. A friend of mine in the sports journalism biz pointed me to your site - we're looking for a media relations intern for the club this season. We play 42 games (21 home) in June and July, and we'd like to find someone who could help us out with updating the web site, writing game stories, putting together game notes, etc.

It would sort of be their baby - however much they wanted to take the ball and run with it (i.e. doing a simple media guide, writing player profiles for the web site), the more the better. It's an unpaid internship, and I can't promise housing, but it would be a pretty good gig for an upstate NY college kid (Syracuse/Ithaca, etc.) who may have helped out in the sports info dept. of his college, and who wants to get his feet wet and have some responsibility of his own. I was in the league two years ago, and our media relations guy/broadcaster that season currently has a full-time job with it in the Central Hockey League.

Hoffman Wolff
    General Manager, Elmira Pioneers
    P.O. Box 938
    Elmira, N.Y. 14902
    (607) 207-0159
Draft saved Draft deleted