1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Interesting Wash. Post story on the 9/11 conspiracy movement

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Double Down, Sep 8, 2006.

1. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/09/07/AR2006090701669.html

To be clear, I don't endore these people's pshycotic tinfoil hat theories, but thought it was an interesting way for a journalist to look at them. The people quoted, including Morgan Reynolds, cheif economist in the Dept. of Labor until 2002 under George W. Bush, who believe that plans never actually hit the World Trade Center towers strike me as completely Looney Toons.

2. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Good gosh.

I can kinda see where people might say a plane didn't hit the Pentagon. But saying no planes hit the WTC is completely and utterly batshit crazy.

3. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Folks, we're all stupid for overlooking the fact that David Copperfield is actually at the center of this conspiracy. If he can make a statue disappear, do you think he'd have any problems with a handful of massive buildings and thousands of people?

4. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

Quick, someone stop him! He's moved on to the Empire State building!

[​IMG]

5. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

Isn't one of the obvious holes in the guy's seemingly meticulous argument that there are records of cell phone calls from people on the planes saying they were hijacked? How can someone say "There were no hijackers" with evidence to the contrary?

6. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

I love the "we don't need a theory" answer to the question of where the planes (and people) that didn't crash into the Pentagon and Pennsylvania went.

7. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

It's all the JOOOOS' fault.

8. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

The Phone cops are the worst ones. They're the ones you never hear about! /johnnyfever

9. Ashy Larry

Ashy Larry Active Member

JD...it's obvious the CIA were making those phone calls, duh!

10. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

11. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

People who claim the attack never happened are insane. If you want to have a conspiracy theory about how they were pulled off, fine (weirdos), but to say it didn't happen is just too wild. Four airplanes don't exist any more. More than 2,000 people don't exist anymore. Two really big buildings I've actually been inside don't exist anymore.

Never happened.

And more than six million people just never actually existed during the whole Holocaust.

12. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

Communist

Draft saved Draft deleted