1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Interesting job listing

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Moderator1, Jan 27, 2010.

1. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

I didn't put this on the jobs board because, well, you'll see why:

The headline:

Ass-kissing Weasel at NAIL CommunicationsLocation: Providence, Rhode Island (Providence, Rhode Island Area)

URL: http://www.nail.cc

The description:

Type: Full-time Experience: Mid-Senior level Functions: Strategy/Planning, Marketing, Advertising, Project Management, Management Industries: Marketing and Advertising, Graphic Design, Design Posted: January 27, 2010 Compensation: Additional information e.g. 'Base + Comm Job Description
    Can you bring doughnuts (bagels) to a meeting? Can you nod your head vigorously whenever a client talks? Can you demoralize creatives with a snicker? You’ll probably go far. But not with us.

Skills
    We are looking for an entrepreneurial, experienced (5+ years) account manager. The ideal candidate brings strategic thinking, new business instincts and financial savvy to the mix. Ping pong skills are a plus. If you are allergic to dogs, don’t bother. Send resumes to geethissoundsperfect@gmail.com

Company Description
    With a roster of diverse, interesting clients and a portfolio of award-winning work, we are a well-known, well-respected creative marketing shop poised for explosive growth from our base in Rhode Island.

Additional Information
    No third party applications.
    Job ID: 843706

2. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

There is always Williston, which is true once again with the ME departing and there is a news reporter opening.

3. HeinekenMan

HeinekenMan Active Member

The Web site is worth a look.

4. SF_Express

SF_Express Active Member

The website is very cool, and I love the ad. I'm not sure everybody will agree.

5. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Ad men are a unique bunch. My cousin works in an ad agency. The break room fridge is stocked with Miller lite and they have a bedroom next to the office with a bed, couches, a piano and a game room as well. He can play PS3 whenever he gets writers block.

Draft saved Draft deleted