1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Interesting blog post in Houston

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Moderator1, Jul 12, 2009.

1. badmoon

badmoon Member

Women have worked so hard and so well to get beyond this crap in our business, that is why this isn't even a close call. Credential revoked. See ya.

2. da man

da man Well-Known Member

She's not going to be IGNORED!!!!

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  3. gingerbread

gingerbread Well-Known Member

Have to agree.

4. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Interesting video -

http://www.mouthpiecesports.com/media/ben-gordon-on-his-free-agency-20994/

5. Twoback

Twoback Active Member

I covered baseball for one year. The players who didn't cheat on their wives used to get hassled by the guys who did, bascially for not playing the game the way they were supposed to. Steve McNair isn't going to change anything about that culture, I'd think.

6. Joe Williams

Joe Williams Well-Known Member

UPDATE: Houston Chronicle blogger wags his finger at people who decide to get married, based on boxer Arturo Gatti's untimely demise allegedly at the hands of his wife Amanda Rodrigues.

Ballplayer was wrong, intern was wrong, blogger was wrong. ... Hey, Harry, it's a triple play!

7. Jay Stone

Jay Stone New Member

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  8. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

hahahahahahahahahahahaha

9. Some Guy

Some Guy Active Member

Dude. Jesus died for the sins of the world. Credit where credit is due.

You're right about Jesus' writing skills though. That book he wrote just drags on and on. Needed to hire better ghost writers.

10. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Nats, eh? My money would have been on Lastings Milledge had he not already been traded to the Pirates.

11. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Except he's single.

12. I'm wondering why the blogger didn't just take the young lady aside, or shoot her an email, and say, "Hey, you might want to consider the ramifications of what you're doing with the facebook posting, etc..."
    We gotta remember: They're kids. And these are the kids that get off their butts and actually try to make themselves better by doing internships. The plagiarizing intern was one thing (akin to a baseball player betting on baseball). This is another.
    Makes me think it's time to start a thread of the dumb things we all did as interns.

Draft saved Draft deleted