1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Interactive prep football preview

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by AreaMan, Jul 23, 2009.

1. AreaMan

AreaMan Member

Last year someone posted a great newspaper site that had the top returning football players, or perhaps the all-area football team, in an interactive format that included a photo, some video and a player card for each athlete.
    Anyone have the link for this, I've searched on here and can't seem to find it anywhere.
    Thanks!

2. Den1983

Den1983 Active Member

I remember what you're talking about, but I had a hard time finding it through a search.

It was, indeed, pretty damn awesome.

EDIT:

I did find this, but it's not what you're looking for:

http://lang.dailynews.com/socal/editorial/football/football.html

3. Den1983

Den1983 Active Member

Buck, I think the one he's talking about was a Cali school. I could be wrong, of course, but I don't know why I'm pretty positive it was a Cali paper.

4. AreaMan

AreaMan Member

Seeing how much room that might take on a particular server, that preview probably only lasted through last fall and that was all. Too bad, because we are trying pattern our online preview of the top returning players in much the same manner. Thanks for looking though!

5. Den1983

Den1983 Active Member

I meant another Cali paper. The one I found isn't the one he was talking about, at least I don't think it is. If it is, then there was another damn good visual presentation preview last year. I just don't recall it being in the same format as the Daily News one.

Draft saved Draft deleted