1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

IntelliTXT ads?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by 2muchcoffeeman, Aug 28, 2006.

1. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

All of a sudden, we have these verdammt green IntelliTXT ads showing up (hold your cursor over the link and you get an advertisement link).

Not sure I like that change; leaning against. I'm moving the cursor across the screen and suddenly the computer starts making noise and then an ad bubble pops up; in the meantime, if I want to click the link I was moving toward I have to wait for the computer to catch up.

2. Chef

Chef Active Member

2 in the opening post of dirk legume's thread.

3. Perry White

Perry White Active Member

I'd definitely prefer Google Ads to this

UPDATE: I see Webby is adding those too.

4. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

I'd offer that unless someone wants to pony up for his new server and monthly costs, they keep the complaints to a gentle whisper.

5. 21

21 Well-Known Member

We need to get Liza to do a benefit for us.

6. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

Well said, slappy.

Can't please anyone around here sometimes. People bitch about separating the forums, people bitch about having a fairly non-obtrusive ad (let's face it, it's much better than the last time we had ads on here).

No one should expect Webby to go broke with this venture. Obviously with increased costs, just donations aren't going to cut it.

7. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Or add a zero and make the boss really happy.

8. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

That's probably your computer. It doesn't bog my computer down.

9. Idaho

Idaho Active Member

My computer is as silent and quick as it was yesterday.

10. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

My computer is the same as it ever was. And if it keeps this site up and running, no complaints there.

11. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Kudos Webby. Hope you make money from it. Is this one of those deals where they get money if we click?

12. Lucas Wiseman

Lucas Wiseman Well-Known Member

Yes. But it will do no good to just sit and click repeatedly. Just occasionally click if you see something of interest in one of the ads. That will be fine.

Draft saved Draft deleted