1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Insurer must pay for boy's breast reduction

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by sportschick, Apr 4, 2007.

1. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

2. RokSki

RokSki New Member

Nero fiddles

3. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

Gynecomastia (excerpt from Wikipedia):

The condition can occur physiologically in neonates, in adolescents, and in the elderly. In adolescent boys the condition is often a source of distress, but for the large majority of boys whose pubertal gynecomastia is not due to obesity, the breast development shrinks or disappears within a couple of years. The causes of common gynecomastia remain uncertain, although it has generally been attributed to an imbalance of sex hormones or the tissue responsiveness to them; a root cause is rarely determined for individual cases. Breast prominence can result from hypertrophy of breast tissue, chest adipose tissue and skin, and is typically a combination.

4. RokSki

RokSki New Member

If this article doesn't sum up why America is falling precipitously, I'm not sure what would.

1. Boy needs his tits reduced. (i.e., we're fat, as a country)

2. Insurer has to pay for it.

3. It had to be litigated.

4. It's a news story.

I'm not sure what the category is, but this has to be up for some kind of post/story of the year, IMO.

5. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

Did you see my post? You may be a bit off base about your first premise being relevant here.

6. sportschick

I believe it said in the story that the kid's boobs were not the result of his weight.

Also, most insurers do cover women's breast reductions. They should cover it for men if needed as well, IMHPO.

7. RokSki

RokSki New Member

I did. My bad. I posted < I saw it, and I am off-base in my first premise, as well as my 2nd premise. :*(

8. BYH

BYH Active Member

Man, if I had D-cups, I'd never leave the house.

9. sportschick

At least for 8 seconds :D

10. RokSki

RokSki New Member

You know what, it sounds similar to those cases where girls are menstruating too early, because hormones are getting set-off too early/imbalanced. That could start a whole different rant.

File my second post on the thread in the "Rok f*cks up again" dossier, which grows by the day. :)

11. RokSki

RokSki New Member

Let me add to that: If she had D cups, I'd never leave the house. ;)

12. Idaho

Idaho Active Member

Will the insurer pay for JDV's calf implants?

Draft saved Draft deleted