1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Instant karma: Starman justice comes home to roost.

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Starman, May 24, 2008.

1. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Found this in my e-mail today, between the offers for penis enlargement and $44,000,000 in a Nigerian bank account:

:eek: :eek: :eek: :D :D

So if I suddenly disappear from SportsJournalists.com, you'll all know Mr. Tony Jack has struck again.

2. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I think you should write an even more threatening e-mail back to him. Claim to be a member of the mob. Tell him you just got out of prison for serving a murder hitch.

3. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Won't work on me. Few friends, all of whom are poor. If they got someone to do me pro bono, I could buy that, but otherwise no.

4. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Or just forward to this site: www.ic3.gov. It's the FBI's e-mail scam center.

5. Starman

Dear Mr. Tony Jack:

If you plan to murder me, I certainly hope you plan to murder me "the right way."

Love,

Starman

6. "...I might just spear your life..."

Well, at least you know how you're going to get it.

7. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

Wow, that takes spam up another level. You have to think if the originator of that gets traced back, he's going to be in some trouble. Then again, maybe he is from a country where that sort of thing isn't frowned upon.

8. TwoGloves

TwoGloves Well-Known Member

Tell him you slept with his wife.

9. EmbassyRow

EmbassyRow Active Member

What's the e-mail-response equivalent of upper-decking someone?

10. Starman

Apparently, I'm being threatened from beyond the grave by one of Detroit's most notorious mobsters:

http://www.geocities.com/jiggs2000_us/giacalonea.html

And I suspect he would certainly know how to "murder the right way."

:eek: :eek: :eek:

11. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Surely the guy would be getting paid more than $8,000 to off you. No way he's gonna operate at a loss.

12. Starman

Maybe he gives a volume discount. Maybe hitmen are offering "buy one, get one free" or "get acquainted specials." :eek:

Draft saved Draft deleted