1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Insomnia

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by MisterCreosote, Jan 21, 2011.

1. I'll never tell

I'll never tell Active Member

We had this talk, too. As I pull a few desk shifts a week ...
    1. Impossible.
    2. More impossible.
    3. Then I just trip over shit laying around in the floor.
    4. If it weren't for bedroom TV, I'd never fall asleep. What I have found, though, is I fall asleep with bad TV much, much faster. I'm probably single-handedly helping Two and Half Men stay on the air.

2. beanpole

beanpole Member

We're the same way. Roseanne and Everybody Loves Raymond, courtesy of Nick at Nite.

3. SoCalDude

SoCalDude Active Member

I was having trouble getting to sleep, then I'd sleep way too long the next day. My doctor recommended melatonin. I used it 3-4 times, but each time I woke up with a headache and felt sluggish into the afternoon. Haven't used it in a couple of years.

4. I'll never tell

I'll never tell Active Member

That was my deal, too. I never had trouble staying asleep, just getting to sleep. Get off work after midnight, unwind, go to bed only to toss and turn until 5-6 a.m., and then you'd end up sleeping your day away before you had to be back at work.

Draft saved Draft deleted