1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

InsideMDSports.com Seeking Reporter

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by JME, Apr 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Matt Stephens

Matt Stephens Well-Known Member

Yea, they left the Rivals shop and pretty much moved across the street to start their own gig. Pat Tholey is also at 247 now.

2. BYH

BYH Active Member

No knock on 24/7, but offering better pay and benefits than Scout and Rivals is like clearing the world's smallest hurdle.

3. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

Can't speak for Scout, but with Rivals it really depends on the site.

4. JackInTheBox

JackInTheBox Member

As has been noted here frequently, think carefully about working for 247 if the opportunity ever presents itself. Working for an individual team site in that city would probably be OK, but do your research on the guys who ran Rivals.com and now run 247. Or ask the guy who worked for them and was fired on the day he returned from his honeymoon because they found out he had been looking for other work. Just saying to fellow journalists here, tread carefully.

5. HarrisonGoodman

HarrisonGoodman New Member

FWIW I've worked with Jeff before and would vouch for him. He's not running some fly-by-night operation.

6. I had an experience with 247 (never actually worked there) more similar to this than to the "they're total professionals!" side of it. I'm not going to air it out, but if you want details, PM. I'm sure it's worked out great for several people. But, yeah, keep your eyes open, as you would in any other case.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.