1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Inside the family restroom: Feedback requested

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by AtTheZoo, Aug 25, 2007.

1. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

AtTheZoo, I'm also now presuming you are Man 1. Woman 1 wouldn't ask the questions you're asking. Man 2 wouldn't, either, because he wouldn't care that much. If you were just a guy who just happened to be in the room, you would have said that.

In fact, if you are Man 1, your wife's reaction and your passive-aggressive seeking of validation on a message board makes me think you two had better find a marriage counselor, pronto.

If you are not Man 1, then I apologize.

Moddy, the assumption ATZ is Man 1 would explain why he registered under a new name to ask about this bullshit.

2. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Wife probably would have been less pissed if you weren't beating off...

3. Smasher_Sloan

Smasher_Sloan Active Member

But it <i>relaxes</i> him.

4. EE94

EE94 Guest

Wow, you're like, Columbo, dude.

5. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Barely tolerating.

6. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

When you're a man, the world is your urinal.

7. Birdscribe

Birdscribe Active Member

I sense a new signature on someone's horizon.

And BigDog... well-played. Coffee all along my shirt. ;D

8. Cadet

Cadet Guest

Bob Cook: nail on head, both posts. Man 1 was in the wrong for not speaking up at the moment of interaction, but not after. Can't imagine how stressful it must be for Woman 1 to nurse in a nasty mall public unisex restroom and not feel "protected" by either her husband or the curtain. Man 2 did nothing wrong, IMHO.

Now where's my Fat Tire? :)

9. AtTheZoo

AtTheZoo New Member

In this story, I played the role of Man 2. Thank you, all, for putting my mind at ease. I felt really terrible afterwards.

The family restrooms I normally use are your standad ones: One toilet, sink, changing table. This one was like a Japanese garden, with the drapes and all the toilets, etc. I was totally flustered.

10. audreyld

audreyld Guest

I'd also like to commend you, Man 2, for changing your kid, and not making your SO do it.

11. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

I apologize for my assumption that you were that cuckolded, dim-bulbed Man 1. I've always avoided the "family restroom" and headed straight for the men's room when it came time to change a diaper.

Draft saved Draft deleted