1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

insanity in arlington

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Angola!, May 2, 2007.

1. Bill Horton

Bill Horton Active Member

Rangers ... Yankees ... Royals ... just fill in the blanks!

2. Angola!

Angola! Guest

definitely have to drink seattle beer when you can find it. also, i am thinking about writing a column on tonight's experience. is that warranted?

3. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

One of our writers is thinking about writing a column on driving to St. Louis Sunday, only to find out the game was called because of the death.

4. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Dead. To. Me.

:p

5. Kritter47

Kritter47 Member

That weather was good times. 300,000 people without power in the DFW area right after the storm. No tornados, but 80+ mph straight line winds and areas that got 3 inches of rain in less than an hour.

I love spring.

6. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

who won gola?

7. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Lucky me. My power never went out and the big stuff passed just south. And, unlike the last round of storms, my wireless didn't get zapped. :)

Even better, there may be some high school playoff postponements tonight due to wet fields. Our load this time of year is ridiculous. Just one night to catch our breath would be wonderful (and would make that Mavs collapse almost palatable — just kidding!)

8. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

Where do you live... Frisco, Plano?

9. Platyrhynchos

Platyrhynchos Active Member

Hmmmmmmmm.....
    At the storm spotters training I went to last month they showed video of what not to do ... and it was video of the debacle in St. Louis last year.

10. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

The last round of storms that came through, the Rangers called the game off a couple of hours before the storm hit. They saw it coming on radar. Evidently someone was sleeping at the switch yesterday. Good thing nobody got hurt, or else the liability would be staggering (or is that covered in the disclaimer on the back of the ticket, too?)

11. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

Yes.

12. Angola!

Angola! Guest

i am pretty disappointed in the two papers' coverage. i know a lot of folks don't like weather stories, but god forbid one of the beatwriters went into the masses and talked to some people. wouldn't want to interrupt them from their food.

Draft saved Draft deleted