1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Insane Cleric Endorses McCain

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Fenian_Bastard, Feb 28, 2008.

1. D-Backs Hack

D-Backs Hack Guest

As a recovering Presbyterian, can't really argue with that.

2. jboy

jboy Guest

Four posts in a row? You've been downing your stupid pills with Red Bull again?

3. ifilus

ifilus Well-Known Member

"Well I think it's important to note that pastor John Hagee who has supported and endorsed my candidacy supports what I stand for and believe in," McCain said Thursday.

And now...

McCain seeks distance from pastor
    By LIBBY QUAID 57 minutes ago

PHOENIX - John McCain is refusing to renounce the endorsement of a prominent Texas televangelist who Democrats say peddles anti-Catholic and other intolerant speech.

Instead, the Republican presidential candidate issued a statement Friday afternoon saying he had unspecified disagreements with the San Antonio megachurch leader, John Hagee. Hagee endorsed him at a news conference Wednesday in San Antonio.

"However, in no way did I intend for his endorsement to suggest that I in turn agree with all of Pastor Hagee's views, which I obviously do not," McCain said in the statement.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080301/ap_on_el_pr/mccain_pastor_7;_ylt=At.k76JLI7rJRTU2WnoAuv8E1vAI

4. Yawn

Yawn New Member

We know which Democrats.

And jboy, just to not overwhelm you, I'll address yours in this post. I don't need Red Bull to counter you. That takes about 30 seconds of energy.

5. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Here's the cake. Here's the eatin'. Here's the cake.

6. Straight Talkin' John does him some tap-dancin'!

7. D-Backs Hack

D-Backs Hack Guest

As usual, Glenn Greenwald is good today:

http://www.salon.com/opinion/greenwald/2008/02/29/hagee/index.html

8. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

This kind of topic just brings out the worst in some people, doesn't it?

Then there are others here who are so full of hatred and anger that they don't really need a reason...just a keyboard.

Sad. Really...

9. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Would you want to drink out of the Unitarian coffee pot? Everyone there puts something different in it.

Draft saved Draft deleted