1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Input on Big Apple vacation

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by pressboxramblings07, Dec 17, 2007.

1. Monday Morning Sportswriter

Monday Morning Sportswriter Well-Known Member

Do at least one breakfast at Norma's at the Le Parker Meridien. Best breakfast restaurant ever.

2. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Went to see Mamma Mia on a visit there. Very entertaining show.

3. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Not sure mine was a "joke." It was kind of lame. In the mid or late 90s, before they moved locations, the owner was shot and killed during a robbery. I don't think it was ever solved. The tongue thing... Not the kind of stuff I eat, as you well know, but you can get tongue on a sandwich there. It was a double entendre... better "joke" than mine was.

4. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Hate to say it, but wasn't impressed for the price. I'm more of a breakfast person than a brunch person.

5. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

The boyfriend HATES breakfast, so we won't be doing that.

I'll grab an NYT when we get to town around noon on Monday. Right after I get all my tabloids. :D

6. Don't know if this came across, but check out the Second Ave. Deli. It's recently reopened and serves the best pastrami and rye sandwich. I would avoid Katz's (Houston), which is good, but you'll feel like a tourist the entire time.

If you want to do Christmas-y things, there's ice skating in Bryant Park. Cheaper than Rockefeller and less crowded too.

7. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Yeah, we were going to skate in Central Park, but Bryant Park is closer and cheaper. $7.50 gets you on the ice. Wheee!

I found some other places online, including a place called Carve Unique Sandwiches at 8th and 47th. Anyone been? It sounds fantastic.

8. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Yeah, I've been to Carve. Damn good sandwiches, albeit a little pricey.

Draft saved Draft deleted