1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Inky reporter vs. Brett Myers

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Walter_Sobchak, Aug 26, 2007.

1. spnited

spnited Active Member

asshole

see how easy that was :D ;D

2. markvid

markvid Guest

I love the easy comeback...

:)

3. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

spnited, agreed, but both are professional work environments, even if the locker room has a bunch of hangers-on hanging around.

4. spnited

spnited Active Member

100% correct, wicked

5. markvid

markvid Guest

That gets me thinking...as someone who only does MLB and NHL for pro sports, which locker rooms have the most hangers-on? NBA?

6. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Which is why Carchidi deserves a suspension, at best.

Maybe my personal perspective is coloring this a little more than it should, though.

7. I don't think the reporter deserves a suspension. I'd just keep him off the professional beats for a year.

8. BB Bobcat

BB Bobcat Active Member

Jumping on late here, but I think the reporter should not have baited Myers in the first place by asking "You think those were popups?"

I've been in a lot of interviews in which ballplayers say stupid things like "I thought i pitched pretty well, except for the two grand slams." You just nod your head write it down and print it. Readers can figure out they are idiots. You don't need to inflame the situation.

9. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

That's probably the best point yet, Bobcat.

I wouldn't have offered my opinion at all, if I could help it.

That said, Myers called the guy a retard. Let's not let that get lost in all the other stuff.

10. markvid

markvid Guest

What's to get lost?
    Yes, Myers called him a retard.
    Myers is a complete asshole - we know that.
    The reporter didn't need to be.

11. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

I'm just saying, I wouldn't want to judge ANYONE too harshly on how they reacted after a flaming asshole called them a retard.

That's all I'm saying.

That, and I still think, "How do you spell retard" is a pretty good comeback.

12. It's part of the job.

Draft saved Draft deleted