1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Inky reporter vs. Brett Myers

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Walter_Sobchak, Aug 26, 2007.

1. Dan Rydell

Dan Rydell Guest

lol, 311.

now, how 'bout you write something that makes me think you're smarter than the average douchebag.

2. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Eh, maybe later. I've said my piece on this thread.

By the way, Sports Night is an excellent show. I choose not to use the past tense, because it's still alive in my heart.

3. shotglass

shotglass Guest

I thought the first line was pretty good.

And if you're going to have a hard-on about pro athletes, it will catch up to you someday.

4. Dan Rydell

Dan Rydell Guest

Yeah. Sports Night was the best.

Why that series didn't run for seven years is beyond me.

5. BB Bobcat

BB Bobcat Active Member

You're taking my example too literally.

When I said the pitcher said "I pitched well" I meant that was the crux of his comments, not that that was all he said. No player would be foolish enough to leave his comments at that after giving up a bunch of runs. Usually he will naturally follow with an explanation of what he meant by that, describing calls he didn't get, bloopers that fell in, hitters who hit good pitches, etc. All I meant was that, in general, he made excuses for his performance.

In this case, that's exactly what Myers was doing when he said he thought the homers were popups. He meant they weren't hit well. Whether or not they were is irrelevant. In his opinion, they weren't, and he was giving his opinion.

You want people to tell you what they really think when you ask a question, not to just say what you think they should say.

6. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

But the reporter didn't just point at Myers. He derisvely said "you've got a lot of class," or something like that, then dropped an F-bomb of his own. He stooped to Myers level, if that was possible.

7. markvid

markvid Guest

Because no one outside the media gives a crap how stuff makes onto their TVs.

8. BillyT

BillyT Active Member

The reporter used an F-bomb in a public interview session?

That's a suspension in my book.

9. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

But most papers are too busy dealing with other histrionics, such as someone adding a candy bar to their expense report.

10. Zeemer

Zeemer Member

Phillies are 5-0 since Carchidi-Myers.
    Just sayin'.

11. Yeah, Myers actually got a save ... woo-hoo

Draft saved Draft deleted