1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

    Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

    We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Injury question

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by sportschick, Nov 11, 2006.

  1. sportschick

    sportschick Active Member

    Has anybody ever heard of a kersign (sp) injury? It would involve the upper chest and ribs.
  2. DocTalk

    DocTalk Active Member

    For those of you who care, I answered this in a PM. Always willing to help my bretheren in the media. Write anytime!
  3. DyePack

    DyePack New Member

    So what was the answer?
  4. sportschick

    sportschick Active Member

    I don't think Doc'll mind if I post this PM.

  5. Oz

    Oz Well-Known Member

    Never heard of that injury.
  6. sportschick

    sportschick Active Member

    Neither had my med school-attending brother. I'm betting somebody was trying to throw my reporter off by using an uncommon term.
  7. Sam Mills 51

    Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

    I'm not sure I agree. There's no simple way to describe it. Better to tell us the real term than keep us guessing, or worse, dumb down something and misinform us, who in turn will misinform everyone who reads the story.
  8. DocTalk

    DocTalk Active Member

    The injury is of the spinal cord. The sign helps decide clinically where the injury is. With today's CT and MRI technology, deciding levels clincally is less important.
Draft saved Draft deleted

Share This Page