1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Injuries and McNabb and Vick

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Almost_Famous, Nov 19, 2006.

1. Almost_Famous

Almost_Famous Active Member

Much is made of Vick's inability to stay healthy because he runs so much ... and also because he hasn't won a title yet.

McNabb also hasn't won a title, he likes to run, but by season's end, he'll have missed more games than Vick.

Statistically, McNabb was having a great year. But if you're a GM, would you rather have McNabb or Vick?

Neither has won a title, though McNabb has been to a Super Bowl. McNabb is 2-0 (i think) against Vick in the playoffs (though both wins WERE in Philly).

It's tough to compare teams - PHilly has always had a beastly defense while Atlanta ... yeah, you can look up how bad they have been.

2. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

Donovan McNabb [sarcasm off]

3. pallister

pallister Guest

Tom Brady.

4. XXXX

XXXX Member

are you a FUCKING MORON? vick over mcnabb? vick couldn't carry mcnabb's jock. also mcnabb wouldn't want him to cause ron mexico has herpes.
    that is all i will say as there is another thread discussing mcnabbs injury.

5. DyePack

DyePack New Member

The games were in Philly because Vick can't get homefield advantage for his team because he's mediocre.

6. BYH

BYH Active Member

Ahh yes. Vick has lost three straight games so A_F is now passive aggressively stoking the fires by saying vick is good because, well, he's healthy.

Well goddamn I guess you must think Brett Favre is the greatest player ever.

Ladies and gentlemen, give a big Atlanta welcome to your 2007 starting quarterback MATT SCHAUB!!!!

7. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Favre ain't healthy any more. :D

8. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

He just better be healthy on Dec. 10. I didn't spend $$$ for nosebleeds at Candlestick to see Jeff Tedford's Next Flameout.

9. fmrsped

fmrsped Active Member

For that matter, A_F, would you rather have Vick, McNabb, or Aaron Brooks?

I mean, when healthy, Brooks gives his team a chance to win, just as much as Vick. The Falcons lost by two touchdowns today, but the Raiders only lost by four.

If I'm a GM starting a team, I'd much rather have Brooks, if I'm choosing between mediocre black quarterbacks on irrelevant teams.

10. shotglass

shotglass Guest

I'm no Vick fan. But on the other hand, I often wonder where and how Donovan McNabb was annointed as one of the greats, too.

If his career were over tomorrow, my lasting image of him would be a pass at his receiver's feet.

11. pallister

pallister Guest

You'll never work at ESPN now, Shottie.

12. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

Brett Favre. We'd be undefeated for sure.

Draft saved Draft deleted