1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Inglourious Basterds

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Chef, Jul 31, 2009.

1. Chef

Chef Active Member

..........sitting on the edge of the chair for this one.........

what?

2. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

Well, now I'm definitely not gonna tell ya, 'cause it's been built up too much.

3. Chef

Chef Active Member

sumamabitch

4. sportsguydave

sportsguydave Active Member

I laughed at the trailer scene with whoever's playing Hitler yelling, "Nein nein nein nein.."

And Pitt smiling, "Yes, yes, yes.."

Not sure if it's worth nine bucks though. I may wait for this one to come out on video. I think Tarantino might have jumped the shark with the "Kill Bill" series.

5. CentralIllinoisan

CentralIllinoisan Active Member

When you little scamps get together, you're worse than a sewing circle.

6. BYH

BYH Active Member

I've never been more disappointed in a movie in my life than Natural Born Killers. Wanted to love it, thought I was going to love it, and fucking hated almost every minute of it, outside of Rodney Dangerfield's scary good turn as the sicko dad.

Hey Oliver, it's called subtlety, you fuck rag. Look into it.

Of course, my best buddy--a film major--loved every second of it. So there you go.

7. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Natural Born Killers remains the only movie I've walked out of.

8. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

I love Natural Born Killers. Have to be in the mood to watch it, but it's good every time.

9. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

Then it sounds like you've never actually seen a Tarantino flick--because NBK was not one. Tarantino only wrote the original script for NBK, Oliver Stone made and directed the movie. I've no doubt that flick would've turned out quite different if Tarantino had directed it.

10. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I like Tarantino's movies, if only because they make me more interested in seeing the movies he's ripping off. And that isn't a slam, I thought Grindhouse was a lot of fun. He's kind of like a Roger Corman with a bigger budget, but I don't buy him as some kind of visionary.

11. Shoeless Joe

Shoeless Joe Active Member

royale with cheese

What do they call a Whooper?

12. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Ali

But the remake of Planet of the Apes caused me to write the studio demanding a refund.

Draft saved Draft deleted