1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Inglorious Basterds

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by JR, Aug 20, 2009.

1. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Haven't seen it yet. Tomorrow.

2. It might be nice to make a note of this in the topic: Inglorious Basterds HEAVY SPOILERS WITHIN or something

3. Rumpleforeskin

Rumpleforeskin Active Member

Debating on going to see it tonight with one batch of friends or heading out on the town with some other friends.

4. Shoeless Joe

Shoeless Joe Active Member

Just saw it today and loved it. I'll have to digest it and see it a couple of more times later to rank it in the QT collection.

(minor spoiler)

I especially loved Pitt's command of the Italian language.

5. Ronnie "Z-Man" Barzell

Ronnie "Z-Man" Barzell Active Member

I just got back from this and it was awesome, much better than I was expecting... Probably QT's best.

Did anyone else notice that the actor who played the Gestapo major looked an awful lot like a certain German racecar driver?

6. Del_B_Vista

Del_B_Vista Active Member

If you ever, ever read a movie thread on here before you actually see the movie, that's on you. I never, ever read a movie thread here before I see it. Never. Ever.

I'm sure it's the same on all message boards.

7. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

I'm reading the thread specifically so I won't have to watch the movie. :D Besides, at the rate I watch movies, by the time I get around to it, I'l have forgotten everything anyone said about it.

8. Songbird

i heard brad pitt is in it.

9. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

I also heard there's some significance with the shocker, but I'm not sure what.

10. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

This is true. Of course, I've been reading this thread the whole time, and didn't remember a thing about it when I went to see the movie tonight.

Entertaining as hell. Not film-making genius that some expect out of Tarantino, but highly, highly entertaining. Most fun movie I've seen all year.

11. Songbird

i loved it.

i think it's an important movie. yes, it's "once upon a time," but tarantino's big F-U to hitler, courtesy of roth, can be a cathartic moment for jews 50 years later. hitler didn't deserve to die by his own doing. he deserved to die the way he did in this movie. it was a powerful moment.

waltz will win the the oscar, at least he deserves to be on the short list. he is good.

pitt is good, funny.

the "teddy ballgame" chapter was awesome.

5 stars.

12. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Wait, Hitler dies? Fuck, now you've ruined it.

Draft saved Draft deleted