1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Info on Obama's academic past starting to trickle out

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Point of Order, May 22, 2012.

1. armageddon

armageddon Active Member

I don't care about Romney's IQ. I would imagine most Americans won't, either, when they vote.

I've known many people whose IQ is superior to mine but I wouldn't trust 'em to fill up their gas tank without screwing up.

Romney doesn't appear to give a rat's ass about folks who don't occupy a lofty income bracket, some of his moves in Mass give me pause and he inspires me less than a wet blanket.

The fact he is the best the Republican party can muster up is a sad commentary on that party and politics in general in this country.

And the fact Romney appears to have a chance to unseat Obama -- again, it is relatively early -- is embarrassing for Democrats.

2. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Well, that's a specific criticism. Now I understand why you don't like him.

3. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Well, absent results despite three decades of supply side economics, it certainly becomes increasingly difficult to craft new ways to convince people that tax breaks for the rich will somehow benefit the middle class.

4. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Seems to me you might need to rework your reading list. I think your grasp of the conservative/libertarian case is, shall we say, jejune.

5. armageddon

armageddon Active Member

Sorry I don't have time to offer up a detailed analysis. Floating in and out while working on a couple stories. Hate it when the damn job gets in the way of fun.

6. Zeke12

Zeke12 Guest

Reminds me of a joke.

A libertarian economist is stranded on an island. One day, a case of canned beans washes ashore. How does he get the cans open?

First, assume a can opener.

7. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

As a matter of macroeconomics perhaps.

As a matter of campaign rhetoric, symbolism and realpolitik he states a late-20th century truth quite succinctly.

8. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Every day Obama is in office, I become a bigger Clinton fan...

9. doctorquant

Can be applied to economists of any stripe. Another one is that an economist falls down into a deep hole with very steep sides. First thing he does is assume that he has a ladder ...

10. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Education is the inculcation of the incomprehensible into the indifferent by the incompetent."

--John Maynard Keynes

11. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

^^^^^ Keynes would definitely score high on the congressional intelligence scale. Them is 12th-grade words.

12. doctorquant

Animal spirits!

Draft saved Draft deleted