1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Inflation

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Lugnuts, Feb 25, 2008.

1. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

Is it me, or is it here and outrageous?

Mr. Lugs and I go to the grocery store for some basics over the weekend -- milk, eggs, bread, fruit, chicken breasts...

Comes to 60-some bucks.

So we're cleaning out the basement. I need two plastic storage bins and two plain cotton bathmats. Our old ones were rank.

Comes to 60-some bucks at Bed, Bath & Beyond.

HUH ?? ?? ?? ??

2. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

You shouldn't buy the stuff that is lined with gold... ;)

In all seriousness, it is getting pretty bad. I was just over in Europe and translating anything to dollars made me wonder what anything was really worth. It was pretty awful.

3. Hell, no.
    The economy's booming.
    I read it here.

4. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Shoulda gone to K-Mart.

5. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

K-Mart sucks and Judge Wapner's on a 3.

6. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

Gas prices are having a big impact across the board. It directly affects the cost of your airline tickets, the cost of having overnight packages delivered, the cost of your lawn service.

And it also indirectly affects the cost of all the goods you buy, because it's costing companies more in freight to get their product from the manufacturing facility to the point of sale.

7. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

I bought milk (half-gallon), eggs (dozen), fruit (grapes and apples), chicken breasts (two packages), and a loaf of bread over the weekend -- plus a ton of other things and it came out to $98.

You're exaggerating.

Draft saved Draft deleted